CILMERI 1282 COMMEMORATION 2011

Returning to the work of the Cymric Consciousness society 'Cofiwn' founded in the early 70's and demising in the mid 80's. This blog will inform on the beginnings of 'Cofiwn' and explain the inspiration for it being established and the aspirations that motivated it's advance and achievements. This 'Ysbryd Cilmeri' blog will in main be an introduction and at same time tell the story of the annual patriots gathering at Cilmeri 1966 - 2006 towards a future Adfywiad Gwladgarol Newydd.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Merthyr Tudful., CYMRU/WALES, United Kingdom

Adfywiadwr Gwladgarol and Welsh Remembrancer Semi Ret 31 Rhagfyr 2012. Retired Activist Medi 2013

27 October 2006

The History of the Annual Cilmeri Rally

The History of the Annual Cilmeri Rally.

Antur Ysbryd Cofiwn: gethin.apgruffydd@ntlworld.com

This posting dated 6 - 12 - 2006.

Adfywiad Art: Ripples of Rememberance.



The History of the Annual Cilmeri Patriots Rally, you will find on the COFIWN ARCHIVE BLOG http://cofiwn.blogspot.com or do a Google search for COFIWN. I wrote this article In response to that article ‘The Hollow of Thorns’ by G.ap Sion published in Cambria , if ''Ein Hanes Gwladgarol'' is to be written up fully and truthfully , then we ‘’Alternative Nationalists’’ or as I preferr to describe 'Adfywiadwyr Gwlatgarol' must at all cost ensure nothing is left out of that history and unfortunately the aforementioned article left much unmentioned and tends to border on sentimentality and ''rubbishy spurious romanticism'' accompanied by the singing of praise of alchaol. Justifying such by calling up the ''Arwyr Gododdin'' whom it should be remembered after getting ''pissed'' for a year rode out to meet the Saxons with an hang over and all got slaughtered but for one - the poet? That I suggest is the lesson best learnt from Y Gododdin, not don't get pissed before a battle but rather become a poet and today that means buckets of grants. HHHhhhmmm!!!

Adfywiad Art: Alchaolic Amnesia.
Hwyl!
Gethin.
Post Script:
Pic: (c) G.ap Gruffydd Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Statue at City Hall, Caerdydd.
I am prompted to put this here as just last week the aforementioned Gareth ap Sion had a photo published in Western Mail of the Cambria St David's Day March 2006 in Caerdydd. I thought odd time in December to send such photo to Western Mail, I would have thought a photo of Cilmeri parade more appropriate for this time of year but no! What ever Gareth sent me copy of the 'Tartan Taff' parade which leads me to once more excite supporters of that parade as follows but look again to above photo of Llywelyn ap Gruffydd and remember it is in City Hall, Caerdydd. May I now suggest at conclusion of your 'Tartan Taff' parade at the National Museum of Wales with speeches to ''celebrities'' and messages of treachery to the Sham Senedd, you pop over to City Hall and place your leeks at foot of this statue but not bloody daffodils (they were a Lloyd George invention for the firsrt Caernarfon Investiture please note). Then maybe rather than hurrying back to the BLACK PIG, why don't the patriots amongst your Dewi Day ranks march down Tiger Bay and ''storm the Sham Senedd'' with some real Radical Nationalist Action and demand loudly and annually WE WANT WELSH INDEPENDANCE AND WE WANT IT NOW OK! Just maybe the aforementioned self styled ''Welsh Republican'' Gareth ap Sion will lead you on this march in the footsteps of his 'Arwyr Gododdin' but of course waving way forward with a Welsh Republican Tri - Colour as shown in photo below:
.Pic: (c) G.ap Gruffydd. shows a Welsh Republican Flag at protests over opening of the 'Sham Senedd', I made it and I was waving it and I am not even a ''Die Hard Republican'' has many boast about being in Wales, often to make themselves just feel different from Plaid Cymru or it's good for attending S.F. conferences in Ireland. However, when it comes to some real 'Welsh Republican Action' the nearest you will get to such is no more than a lot of hot air and navel gazing on their Welsh Republican Forums. Hopefully however, all that will change on St David's Day 2007 when Welsh Republicans ''Storm the Sham Senedd'' or at least have a wee ''Tartan Type'' bit of a protest at least?
Ymlaen I'r Werinieath or something like that? my favoured rallying cry however is ''LOTTA CONTINUA''
Adfywiad Art: Picture shows: The Red Fist of Revolution with the Pike and Pitch fork of Welsh Popular Rebellion, Thought I would stick this in here to inform that sooner or later I will find space on one of my fourthcoming blogs or Websites for some Welsh Revolutionary History. However, I am pretty overloaded and if there is anyone out there who can convince me that they are of genuine Welsh Socialist intent and keen to promote Welsh Socialist struggle in Cymru, I would be quite happy to contribute to they much of my Welsh Socialist History Work. Same re genuine Welsh Republicans, I know I criticise ''Welsh Republicanism'' a great deal but that is not to say I am unsympathetic to a Welsh Republican Cause and Struggle. So same if there are those of serious Welsh Republican intent who can convince me of such, I would be quite willing to donate my Welsh Republican history work to your good and practical efforts but first do note my major critique of Welsh Republicanism - A Failed Ideology, I hope to post to this Blog tomorrow 8 - - 12 - 2006 as promised. All please note this will be my penultimate posting to this Cilmeri 40 Commemoration Tribute blog, Final posting will be a Report on Cilmeri 2006 with photos and that's it, FIN! but for an Xmas and New Year greeting with my conclusions on a few things? Then a break and some time early in new year I have the COFIWN ARCHIVE BLOG plus ANHM&S HA BLOG to work on to keep me busy through 2007 and beyond?
Hwyl Eto!
Well I am Merthyr born! Gethin.
PS: Want an Eagle? Well your going to get one, see below:
Adfywiad Art: Silk Screened poster red ink on white paper A3 Size, the yellow I added via the PC paint shop, should have left well alone it was better in the original colours. Yes! I am a novice with all this hi - tech stuff, I hope you ''Young Adfywiadwyr'' out there appreciate that the 'Adfywiad Gwladgarol Fawr 1963 - 1969' was very much advanced not with all this hi - tech stuff you have today but with table top duplicators and silk screening. So you should be able to carry out a terrific 'Adfywiad Gwladgarol Newydd' one day? with all this hi - tech you have at your disposal. Yes! HHHhhhmmm!!!